...Alcalá was having some very short parades:
It seems to me that these parades are impromptu events because they are so short and occur at random times during the day. However, the group's outfits are usually coordinated and they seem to know what they are doing, so I must be mistaken.
This parade I just caught the tail end of, but at the beginning there were floats/vehicles with children throwing candy to people on the sidewalk. I think the whole parade lasted about two minutes.
And what is the weather like here in Spain right now? Well, a few days ago we had a small heat wave where the temperature got up to about 70 degrees. Currently (as I type this) it is 60 degrees. And although the temperatures are quite agreeable, the humidity is something I have never experienced before. How humid is it, you ask? It is so humid that if you wash your clothes on Monday and hang them out to dry, they will still not feel completely dry even by Thursday (and that includes clothes like running shorts that are designed to dry quickly and 'wick' away moisture). Our dishes don't dry. We wash them and set them in the rack to dry and the next morning they will still have drops of water all over. Your sheets and blankets have a light dampness to them when you crawl into bed. Paper bags have less of a crispness and more of a soggy wave. The table at school was slick, as if someone had just wiped it down with a wet rag. And my room sometimes smells like a dark, damp basement. I was told this would be they case, but I have never experienced it before so I really couldn't imagine what it meant.
In other news, the countdown to Christmas break has begun. This week I have fewer classes because most teachers are giving oral exams in class. (In case I haven't explained it before I have two different types of classes: those with a teacher, where I do an activity of their choosing with their class and then those on my own, with up to seven students, that are designed for the students to practice their conversation skills with a native English speaker). That means that I will have only my conversation classes during the week, so it looks like I will end up working about 5 hours this week. I am planning on doing some Christmas shopping and making a trip to the foreigner's office to pick up my TIE (identity card) so that I legally stay in the country now that my student visa has nearly expired. On Thursday (the last day of classes) there is a dinner planned for the teaching staff at our school. The reservation is for 9:30 PM, an ideal time for a Spanish evening meal. Next week (the week of the 20th) I have no classes at all.
That was a very short parade.
ReplyDelete