First off, I was assigned to a Spanish class the Thursday after class started (so I missed one class). I was actually assigned to a class that worked perfectly with my schedule: Mondays and Wednesdays from 10:30 to noon. It takes a little over an hour to get there (and back), so it takes up a good chunk of those days. The class has students from the US, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Italy, Bulgaria and France. The class is at a good level for me grammatically speaking, but a challenge for me orally speaking (HA). I'm learning a lot though. I'm trying to ignore the fact that Spain's (class assignment) system worked. I think the score is now: me- 0, Spain-3. Even after 519 years they've still got it.
It's much warmer these days. I back to wearing shorts and a t-shirt to bed.
The burn I got is healing well:
| Another photo of Cousin It. I'm on the borderline for creepy photos, aren't I? |
My favorite teacher in the non-roommate category gets to stay and teach! Whew and hooray!
I got my 5th cold in 5 months right on time- February 28th. Two boxes of kleenex (plus napkins and toilet paper when available) in one week is all I really need to tell you.
I have now drunk tea four times. My conversation group got me to try rooibos tea and believe it or not, I liked it (I do so like green eggs and ham. Thank you, thank you Sam-I-Am). Rooibos is just my gateway tea. Someday I'll be higher class, drinking teas like Earl Grey and camomile and raising my pinkie in the air as I sip from my small white cup (and saying things like 'Swell' and 'So's your old man').
No comments:
Post a Comment