Since there was neither English class nor Spanish class during Semana Santa (and then some), I talked myself in to taking a trip. Unfortunately things like hotel rooms have to be booked in advance, especially during a holiday week. And by 'in advance' I mean that their booking must precede the release of the weather forecast for the days of travel, so at least 10 days prior to departure. That means that I had already booked the hotel when the weather people announced that as far as they could tell the rain was going to start on Saturday and possibly end at some time in the future, but not in the 10 days following that Saturday. I hoped they were wrong. (They weren't.)
I took a bus to Huelva and from there another bus to Punta Umbría. It was about an hour from Sevilla to Huelva and another half hour to Punta Umbria.
The hotel was basically across the street from the bus station in Punta Umbría, which was very convenient. After I checked in I tried to walk around the 'downtown' area, but it started to rain, so I didn't get far. That was pretty much how it went the entire three days that I was there. And the Internet didn't work for me, so I had to hang out the window to get the signal from the second floor's server.
 |
| My hotel is in the background. |
 |
| The hotel room, AKA where I spent my beach vacation. |
I didn't do anything really, but here is what I saw through the rain:
 |
| The Town Hall |
 |
| A clever store name |
 |
| La ría. |
 |
This area is a garden, not a 'shitter' for dogs. (I'm not a
professional translator, but you get the idea.) |
 |
| A snail on the rainy sidewalk. |
The last day I was there it was sunny, but really windy. I went and sat at the beach for awhile anyway, just to say that I was there.
For those of you that can't make it to the beach:
Do you people ever have class? Spain has a lot of holidays!!!What they need is a little German work ethic ;-)
ReplyDelete