Wednesday, December 7, 2011

My first day as a 31-year-old

5:30 AM: Alarm goes off.
6:20 AM: I coaxed myself out of bed.
6:40: Ran seven miles
7:45: Took a shower/got ready
8:15: Headed out the door. I walked 10 minutes to the place where my ride picks me up.
Almost there. Just around the bend.
8:55: We arrive at school.
9:00-11:45: I squawked at the kids in English for a few hours (I'm hoarse for the third time in the past two months). (The excitement of the day was probably the 4-year-old that puked.)
12:20: I headed out to my private lesson's house.

The exit gate at school.
I thought this private lesson person cancelled class forever as of last week, but I went to her house just to be sure. She wasn't there.

Turn to the left, then to the right to get to the lesson.
12:40: I had fifteen minutes before the bus left, so I headed to the papelería that is near the bus stop and bought some folders and scissors.
12:55: Bus left for Sevilla.
1:34: Arrive at the bus station in Sevilla

The very last bus in the background is mine.
I arrive outside the bus station.
I stopped at the grocery store to pick up some essentials, since tomorrow is a holiday and I'm guessing everything will be closed. I got a bike from the bus station and rode it home.

Groceries in one bag, school items in another.

Walking home from the bike parking stand.
Up the stairs...
...to fourth floor.
2:30-3:30 I ate lunch and then left for the reverse trip to the bus station.
4:00: Bus left for Alcalá del Río
4:45: Bus arrives in Alcalá del Río

The bus has arrived in Alcalá del Río.
4:45-4:48: Walk to school
Part of the walk
Back at school!

4:48-5:15: Hang out in teacher's lounge


5:15-6:45: Private lesson with third graders
7:00: Bus back to Sevilla
 7:40: Back in Sevilla's bus station

 7:45: Took a bike back home

Plenty of bikes to choose from!
 

 


Back at home, I talked to my parents on Skype, read an e-mail from Shaelyn, had an e-mail chat with Renée, talked to Deb and Steph on AIM and snacked all while posting this entry. Tomorrow is a holiday...

1 comment:

  1. Do you know any kids on the second floor of your building?

    ReplyDelete